Necessity is considered one of the major reasons for invention. But the IT world does not compromise in coming up with innovations that are revolutionary. It all started with reducing the manpower, cutting off the cost and having reached the sole aim of pacing up.
Robotic Process Automation is one such idea that allows any business to reduce the workload of their employees and give a real shortcut to save time, energy, money and stay away from the human chaos of the office.
Since Robotic Process automation ensures the work is free from errors. Major businesses are likely to install it as a weapon to win the race of their respective industry in the future.
Table of contents
- What is RPA?
- What are the business benefits of RPA?
- Key industries affected by RPA
- Why is RPA considered transformative
- Conclusion: Raise Your ROI
What is RPA?
Robotic process automation, or RPA, is a software technology that makes and deploys robots that behave like humans. It enables the robots to comprehend, interact, and talk like humans. They are developed on the technology of artificial intelligence.
These robots can read, write, translate, navigate roads and maps, calculate and do a hell of a lot of work. The benefits of hiring a robot for doing all these tasks are that it is cost-effective and faster than human employees.
Interested in a Robotic Process Automation certification course? Register now for RPA Online Training offered by “MindMajix – A global online training platform.
What are the business benefits of RPA?
Robot process automation has benefited businesses and several industries in multiple ways. As we have already discussed, robots and artificial intelligence are more accurate, faster, and cost-effective. Thus, the benefits of RPAs are uncountable. However, a few of them are listed below.
- Accelerated Transformation: transformations are tough and not easy to tackle. With the advancement in technology, we need to transform. The schools are transforming their regular classes to online, modular, or smart classes. The shops are allowing and facilitating customers to shop, pay and choose products online. Many job profiles require digital skills. Seeing all this, we realize that having technical knowledge is very important these days. With the help of RPAs, the Transformation gets a speed and is called accelerated Transformation.
- Major Cost Saving: RPAs allow the users to purchase them, take their subscription or pay according to usage. They are way cheaper than hiring a man to do the same. Moreover, accuracy is maintained when the robots are hired. The only disadvantage is that these robots are weak in case of decision-making. But robots nowadays are overcoming this insufficiency too.
- Greater resilience: resilience means flexibility. Robots provide facility to whoever uses it. Users can set the timer for when they want their work to be done. Not only this, but since robots are capable of doing work faster, users can also start doing it later without worrying about completing it on time. They can easily wrap up the tasks given to them. No matter how long the data is, robots can operate on them quickly.
- High accuracy: there are least chances of errors when working with the software. There can be a bit of difference because the robots do exactly what they are told to. Thus, a task like translation is done with a bit of absurdity. Rest everything can be done with guaranteed accuracy.
- Improved compliance: because of artificial intelligence, the decision-making of computers is improving. Otherwise, earlier, the computers did exactly what they were told to. Artificial intelligence is infused in RPAs; hence, they can work according to one’s will and not like custom computers.
- Boosted productivity: it is obvious that robots are beating humans in every field. Be it gaming, working, coding, or anything else, robots can do it quickly and accurately; when something is accurate, quick, flexible, cost-effective, the productivity automatically increases. 68 percent of the working class believe that RPAs will help them become more productive. They can do more work in fewer time frames. Deadlines will never be an issue if industries adopt RPAs.
- More value for staff: you must be wondering that when robots are capable of doing everything a human can, how will they increase the value of personnel? Well, robots can’t do one thing that humans can, decision-making. Strategies cannot be made by robots. Here is where masterminds are required. New ideas are needed every time a new project is started. Thus, the creativity of a person is required even when RPAs are deployed to do everything.
- Happier employees: when employees would not have to type those long letters, enter huge amounts of data, or translate long paragraphs, they will automatically be more contended.
Moreover, the RPAs engage employees more than anything. They are interesting and easier to work on. It is less hectic for the employees to work on software that is self-automated.
If the calculation, translations, and corrections are done by the software, there is very little work left for the employees to do. In such a case, it is obvious for the employees to feel ecstatic.
Key Industries affected by RPA
- Human Resources: in many industries, humans are losing jobs because of artificial intelligence. Human resource or HR is one such place. When the recruiting, checking, finding, and screening can be done by robots, why will a company, or anyone for that matter, hire a person to do the same. This is leading many MBAs to roam around unemployed.
- Finance & Accounting: remember those accounts students preparing long balance sheets? Guess what? They no longer get paid for doing so. This software can easily calculate, tally, and enter the data. No one needs to manually enter them now. Isn’t it fantastic as well as upsetting? Fantastic to see technology easing human life and upsetting to see people get unemployed because of the same thing.
- Marketing: when robotics and artificial intelligence is taking a toll on everything, marketing is also taken care of by it. Advertising has become easier with the help of artificial intelligence. It places appropriate ads on appropriate content. The blank spaces are filled by ads with the help of AI.
- Customer Support: there was a time when BPOs or call centers were very famous. Every fourth person used to work there for part-time income. Call centers employed a large sector of society. But now, half of the call centers have employed robots and computers to talk to customers. All these robots have to do is record and play certain lines. There is no need to pay a regular employee for doing the same.
- Business Development: artificial intelligence is enhancing productivity whilst maintaining accuracy. Excelling in all the fields has increased business productivity as well. Things that were once known to be human monopolies are also done by robots nowadays.
- Statistical Growth: the stats of every company are increasing in a good way. The growth is leading to the popularity of RPAs.
Why is RPA considered transformative?
It is transformative in many senses. RPAs are the nearest relatives to artificial intelligence and are used similarly. These robots are used, employed, and popular abroad.
They are used in restaurants as waiters and managers. These bots take orders from customers, deliver food to the table, and make bills. Robots are used in research centers as a helping hand for scientists. They are helping hands as well as research materials for scientists.
In some colleges, students are taught and interact with robots to make them smarter. In the army, robots were introduced for the safety of soldiers. They do many tasks that earlier were done by soldiers.
The usage of RPAs in so many industries is all the more transformative and progressive.
Conclusion: Raise Your ROI
Since, these major industries are finding their ways through Robotics Process Automotive rapidly it would be hard to predict the future alignments of the horizontal and vertical teams in a business.
Also, these businesses are not just limited to Robotics Process Automotive but are also looking for other technologies like ML, AI, Big Data, Cloud computing and so on.
Let’s aim to raise your companies return on investment exponentially through making smaller investments in upgrading the business with new technologies.
About the author: Amruddin Shaik is a Digital Marketer and Content Contributor, Who is working with MindMajix, a top global online training provider. I’m a tech enthusiast and have a great understanding of today’s technology. Having an in-depth knowledge of IT and demanding technologies such as RPA, Big Data, Cloud Computing, Cyber Security and Software testing etc.