Wednesday, February 23 | 9:00 pm ET
McCamish Pavilion (Atlanta, GA)
at Georgia Tech
Series: Virginia Tech leads 21-8
Game Notes: Virginia Tech (PDF)
Play-by-Play: Anish Shroff
Analyst: Jordan Cornette
Virginia Tech Sports Network
Play-by-Play: Tim Bickford
Analyst: Mike Burnop
- Virginia Tech snapped a two-game losing skid in the Georgia Tech series following an 81-66 win over the Yellow Jackets on Feb. 2 inside Cassell Coliseum.
- The Hokies lead the all-time series, 21-8.
- The first game of the series was played on Feb. 16, 1921 in Blacksburg – a 31-15 win for the Hokies.
- Virginia Tech last defeated the Yellow Jackets in Atlanta on Jan. 9, 2019 (52-49).
- The Hokies are 8-4 all-time against GT in Atlanta and 16-6 since joining the ACC.
- Virginia Tech has won seven of the previous nine meetings in the series.
A WIN WOULD …
- Mark the Hokies’ third straight road win in league play.
- Be Coach Young’s second win over Georgia Tech as head coach of the Hokies (1-2).
- Secure Coach Young’s 200th conference victory of his career.
- Slide Virginia Tech above .500 in conference play at 9-8 with three games remaining in the regular season.
- Move the Hokies to 6-1 in February. Ironically, the month began with an 81-66 win over Georgia Tech at home.
- Wednesday night kicks off a key week for the Hokies, who are looking for back-to-back road wins to improve their NCAA tournament resume.
- Keve Aluma ranks third in the ACC in scoring at 17.6 points per game in conference-only action.
- Tech is shooting 40.0 percent from three this season, which has the school record of 40.3 set in the 2016-17 season within reach.
- Hunter Cattoor ranks sixth in the ACC in 3-pointers made per game (2.4).
ROAD WARRIORS TO CLOSE THE SEASON
- Of the Hokies’ final four games, three will be on the road, beginning with Wednesday night’s battle in Atlanta with Georgia Tech.
- Tech will also face Miami (2/26) and Clemson (3/5) on the road to close the regular season.